Solanus Casey Center has the following volunteer opportunities:
- Gift Shop: Volunteer stocks and arranges gift shop items, acknowledges and greets guests, and provides customer service transactions. Gift Shop operates 7 days a week. Volunteer shifts vary at 4-8 hours per shift. Please contact Jessica Edwards, Gift Shop Manager, at [email protected]
- Docents: Volunteer provides a guided pilgrimage tour of Solanus Casey Center and St. Bonaventure Chapel for visiting groups. An average tour runs 90 minutes. For further information, please contact Sally McCuen, Hospitality Coordinator, at [email protected] or (313) 579-2100, ext. 1149
- Hospitality Ministry: Volunteer greets guests, provides helpful information, and serves as contact person during in-house events. For further information, please contact Sally McCuen, Hospitality Coordinator, at [email protected] or (313) 579-2100, ext. 1149
COVID-19 Mitigation Guidelines:
In order to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and to protect your health and the health of our staff, we ask you to implement the following guidelines:
- Please do not volunteer if you or someone in your household is experiencing any one of the COVID-19 symptoms. Also please do not volunteer if you are under quarantine or supposed to be under quarantine.
- You will be asked to complete a standard COVID-19-related health questionnaire before entering Capuchin program premises.
- You will be asked to review and abide with COVID-19 Reporting and Follow-up Guidelines.
- When you are on the Capuchin premises, you must follow CDC-recommended guidelines, including:
- Mouth and nose must be covered with a face mask or cloth covering at all times.
- Maintain at least six feet of social distance from others at all times.
- Wash hands properly with soap and water and/or use hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol)
- No touching of face with hands.
- Cough into a cloth, tissue or your elbow.
- Do not shake hands or engage in any unnecessary physical contact.